View Complete Post
I am developing an ASP.NET Webforms application for job advertisements. The application is hosted on my own server and enables registrated users to publish job advertisements with the possibility to submit job applications directly from web. The application essentially consists of two parts: job advertisements and job applications sub-apps.
The job advertisement application uses RESTful approach, implemented as ASP.NET routing and makes no use of different state variables (like viewstate). I provide custom layout of job advertisement webpage for every client using XML serialization of my internal JobOffer class and using XML ASP.NET control with custom XSLT transformation sheet plus CSS to render the custom design. It is all fine and works perfectly.
The second (job applications) part provides users with a custom webform, which is partically dependent upon the original advertisement (regarding the minimal education level, eligible citizenship or work permissions, licences etc.) and can be tweacked using custom CSS. There is, however, no possibility for custom layout of the elements on this page, which provides a multi-tabbed navigation for different parts of job application. Hence the question 1 (see below).
The application is not ready yet, but I intend to keep it hosted on my own server and provide just some ki
See how to modify the default behavior of Team Build, extend your builds with custom tasks, and make use of the enhancements in Team Build 2008 SP1.
Brian A. Randell
MSDN Magazine March 2009
If you want to create your own professional looking tabs and controls in Office, check out the RibbonX API of the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
MSDN Magazine February 2007
I have created a new web part page and added a document library to that page. In the ribbon the "Edit Properties" icon is enabled and I can edit the document properties.
When I add another web part to the page and go back to select a document, on the ribbon the "Edit Properties" icon is no disabled. I can still edit the document using the context menu of the document.
Permissions on the library did not change when I added the additional web part. The only change to the page was adding an additional web part.