I have built a custom timer job that makes calls to a web service that I built. The reason I built the web service is because I recognized that the sharepoint timer job does not have context for a site and I thought that by having the timer job
call the web methods of the web service I could have the context that I desire. This works great for accessing the web.config file, however, I have discovered that I am unable to get SPSite (SPSite oSite = new SPSite(AbsoluteURL)). The constructor
does not throw an error but I am unable to use the new object. If I am able to get to the web.config and the site is a SharePoint site I figure I should be able to get an SPSite object.
I am trying to understand if I am running into a known scenario or if this should work and that I have a bug that I don't recognize.
View Complete Post