(running WSS 3.0)
I'm desperately trying to add the Issue ID to the alert email that is sent when a list item is assigned to you. I have looked around and followed many tutorials online, however none of my changes have had any effect. So far I have done:
- Copied alerttemplates.xml to customalerttemplates.xml
- Edited customalerttemplates.xml
- Removed "ID" from <ImmediateNotificationExcludedFields>
- Ran stsadm -o updatealerttemplates -url http://server -filename "C:\Program files\common files\Microsoft shared\web server extensions\12\template\XML\customalerttemplates.xml"
- Ran iisrest
- Restarted Sharepoint Timer service
However even after doing that the email sent when an item is assigned is just the basic default! I've just tried to add the ID to the most simple section of the email (footer) however nothing seems to change the email alert.
I've followed guides such as: