View Complete Post
We have two server farms:
1. MOSS 2007 Server Farm having Web application and its pages and content
2. SharePoint 2010 Farm having Enterprise Search 2010 with one Web Application using Search Template
We are trying to crawl the MOSS 2007 web application, which on a separate farm from the SharePoint 2010 box. We created the Search Service Application, Web Application and have associated the Web Application with the Search Service Application.
We have provided the scopes for searching the MOSS 2007 Web Application for its content and pages and also provided separate scope for searching people from the MOSS 2007 box using the appropriate SPS2/STS3 protocol.
We have also made a change in the Search Settings of the MOSS 2007 Site Collection to redirect the search to the SharePoint 2010 box, when any user uses the Search box of MOSS 2007. This works perfectly well.
Appropriate read-only rights have been given to the web application using the Central Administratoin web application policy.
The only issue we have is, when a user tries to visit the search results pages on the SharePoint 2010 box, and when displaying the search result, SP 2010 box hits MOSS 2007 box to fetch the require data and displays pop-up box for Authentication.
Is there anyway, where we can supress the Authentication
There are two issues here
1. As mentioned by ram, we have two boxs [MOSS 2007 and SP 2010 for Enterprise Search] so when user clicks search from MOSS 2007 site it is redirected to SP 2010 box and while redirecting to SP 2010 box it displays Authentication popup. Is there any way
we can supress this Auth
We are using SharePoint 2010, and we would like to disable / remove phonetic and Nick Name search.
1) Is this really possible to remove?
2) I am trying to remove few NickNames froms the Search Service through Remove-SPEnterpriseSearchLanguageResourcePhrase.(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607611.aspx) . I want to remove only few Nickname Mappings? Above link does not explain
much about Identity parameter.