Lab49 colleague Lee Campbell has a nice 7 part write-up on the Reactive Extensions
it is big in all sorts of ways:
- In the way that it tackles the Observer pattern is bold
- In the way it tackles concurrency is quite a shift from how I have done it before.
- The number of (extension) methods is huge.
- The way in which it integrates with LINQ to leverage LINQ's compensability & declarative style
- The fact that any .NET dev should care UI, backend algorithm coder or Integrator. It helps all of us.
- The future plans are even more grand, but that is a different series all together :-)
The series covers