SQL server 2005 64 bit standard edition sp3. I have performed the following steps
- Created a full back of MainDB Employee database.
- Restored as PDB1 with Full recovery (Test Primary Database) from same above backup.
- Restored as SDB2 with Stand by option(test Secondary database) from same above backup.
- Deleted few OLD employees records in PDB1 (Pupose is to remove unwanted hisoric records from the Live OLTP DB).
- Changed the recovery model of PDB1 to simple and then shrinked the log file and the change the recorvey model back to FULL.
- Now Created log-shipping between PDB1 as primary and SDB2 as seconday. Setuped successfully. No problem
- Now LSBackup job creating .trn transaction files after every specific interval on primary PDB1 and also LSCopy job successfully copies all transaction files to seconday SDB2.
- Problem is LSRestore job runs successfully but skip all transaction file every time. "Could not apply this log to SDB2....."
- I think its something to do with LSN ... may be.
The reason i am doing this all is to remove historic record from live database every month and then also keep latest records in Sync with Archived SDB2 database which will contain everything. This approach will also give automatic update of latest records
and sync them wi
View Complete Post