Some of our users are getting a lot of sign-on prompts while opening documents from Sharepoint.
After some troubleshooting I noticed that the prompt popped up while Office was trying to load the Template of the document, the problem was that the document was created with a template from a site to which the user didn't have access.
You can check this by opening the document, pressing cancel a few times until the document opens, go to the "Developer" tab in the ribbon, press the "Document Template" and check out the path of the template being used. You could fill out
the correct template here or clear it and your problem will be fixed.
Steps to recreate:
- Create a document from a custom Word template in a document library.
- Move document to other document library.
- Remove your read/write rights from the first document library.
- Try to open the document from the second document library, here you'll get the sign-on prompts.
- Be sure to check that your not using a admin account.
I'm hoping someone can give me another way to fix this, because changing all the document Template settings is a tedious job.
Erwin Bastiaensen (sharepointology.com
) Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
View Complete Post