Either I don't know what SharePoint is doing or I don't know what I'm doing (or both, which is more likely).
I'm attempting to create a Custom Document Library template with a custom content type association (Custom Document), all using a feature. When I create
a document library based on the installed template, the content type association is there. However, when I click on New Custom Document, the template.dotx does not reflect the Custom Document content type association. The Word document information panel does
not show any Custom Document content type properties (like Title and Comments).
Here are the steps I've taken:
1. Create the feature.xml with element manifests of contentType.xml and CustomDocumentLibrary.xml
2. Create the contentType.xml (Custom Document) with an additional field reference for Comments
3. Create the CustomDocumentLibrary.xml for the list template
4. Create a Custom Document Library subfolder that contains the same files that are in the 12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\DocumentLibrary\doclib folder.
5. Edit the schema.xml to use the new content type and field reference
6. Deploy and activate the feature
7. Create a new "Custom Document Library"
8. Go to Custom Document Library Settings and verify the Custom Document content type is being used
9. Click on New Custom D
View Complete Post