Hi guys, I have msdn subscribtion account. I download SQL Server 2008 R2. I have problem with installation on one pc. His owner cleaned windows registry with some util. He deleted some SQL folder in Program files manually. On pc is installed Win7 Enterprise.
1. I start SQL installation center
2. Choose new installation
3. Install Setup install rules, alll rule are passed
4. Then I add product key
5. Install Setup support files and thats all, installation stop in this place.
So I try repair installation (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc646006(SQL.105).aspx). But it doesn’t help. I dont get any installation error.
1. It installed support rules, all are passed
3. Then I add product key
4. Install Setup support files and thats all, installation stop in this place.
I am clueless, any advance ? How repair this?
If I check Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup Discovery Report
no product are installed.
Sample from log:
2010-10-26 20:41:51 Slp: Running Action: RunDiscoveryAction
View Complete Post