I am struggling to work out a very frustrating replication issue and wondered if anyone could help me.
Here is my situation.
I have a virtual machine with 16gb RAM and 4 quad core 3Ghz processors and 250gb disk. This has Windows Server 2008 64 bit installed.
The machine has a SQL Server 2005 64 bit instance installed with SP3.
I have setup a publication on this SQL Server called pub1 , this publication publishes all tables/sp's /views and UDF's . I have set the article properties for the published tables as below.
- Copy Check Constraints = True
- Copy Clustered Index = True
- Copy Non Clustered Index = True
- Copy Default Value Spec = True
- Copy Collation = True
- Copy Insert, Update and Delete = True
- Copy unique key contraints = True
- Copy XML Indexes = True
Every other setting is set to false.
I have created a subscription to pub1 within the same SQL Server instance. The database has replicated everything I require without an issue.
If I run a query against the databse that I have published, it returns the query in less than 10 secs. If I run the same query against the subscription DB then this query takes over 30 mins to return.
I thought this was an issue with the indexes not replicating. From what I have selecte
View Complete Post