Had the above problem and a search on here found a few threads but wanted to share some info with you.
I wanted to change the datasource of a dsv to my test server. Created the new ds, replaced the tables in the existing dsv with identical tables in my test instance. Then I got the above error.
Reading the articles on the web it seemed to be pointing to the fact that the native client does not like to talk to different servers in the same dsv. Or something like that - changed the provider to the OLE DB provider and the error went away.
But this one turned up:
OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Invalid column name 'CLDR_Accounting_YearMonth_Name'.; 42S22.
And a raft of other columns got the same error.
After pulling what is left of my hair out I came across a thread that said someone had cured a similar problem and cured it by 'redoing all the named queries'
Light bulb time. 3 of the 'tables' in the DSV were created named quieries. So I blew them away and recreated them.
Lo and behold everything worked.
Note that I had changed the sources of these views to the new datasource but it made no difference till I recreated them.
Hopefully someone can say 'all you needed to do was...'
Hope that helps someone.
View Complete Post