This is a C# port of the topic I posted here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-SG/clr/thread/215052d4-4773-4c04-8ca8-92e32d369363
This is in response to many people who had asked about notifying a applications/services of activity in a web application. Many thanks to Peter Huang of Microsoft for helping me understand Enterprise Services and COM+events in a .NET envrionment!!! keep up
the good work!!!
- Create New Solution: ComEventDemo
- Add new class library project ComEvent
- Add new class library project ComEventSink
- In ComEvent, open properties and set the following:
- Application Tab -> Assembly Information: Check Make Assembly COM visible
- Signing Tab -> Check "Sign the assembly",
in the drop down, select "."
in the wizard, give the key file a name and uncheck "protect with password"
- In ComEvent, Add a reference to "System.EnterpiseServices"
- In ComEvent, rename Class1.cs to "DemoEvent.cs"
- Add this code to "DemoEvent.cs":
View Complete Post