View Complete Post
I run a simple .aspx website on a Windows Server 2008 machine.
There is NO impersonation, and
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name returns NT
AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE, which it the account which the application
pool runs. In my web.config, I have <authentication mode="Forms">.
I tried to test the security of the
application and server by removing file permissions to the .aspx files. I
was greatly worried when the website continued to run without problem
(it should not have been able to read the .aspx files).
on file level auditing, I discovered that the .aspx files were being
read by the machine$ account (if the machine is called Serv1, then the
files would be read by the Serv1$ account, which seems to have access to
all files on the local machine).
Is this a security breach or is this behaviour by design ?
Please can somebody assist, as I am worried.
I need to validate an XML through XSD. I am using XMLReader (with XmlReaderSettings and
Validation_EventHandler to do it). Depend on users preference, I would like to change the output message generated by Validation_EventHandler in french or english.
Any idea on how to perform this?
Im trying to updated some old ASP pages with some new .net pages and cant seem to get this update statement to work. I need to update the current ASP code below and then once thats working im going to use that same statement in a procedure for all our new .Net pages..
So can anyone see what im doing wrong by inserting the 2nd column to the update statement?
strSqual = "update tas set date_completed='" & TransDate & ", trans_id=" & InsertedTransID & "' where date_completed is null and sercontract_id="& strContractID & " and DATEDIFF(dd,task_due_date,'" & strProcDate & "')<=14"
I am trying to add an extra column to the update, but not sure if the syntax is correct. Usability in Practice: When Things Go Wrong This month our usability experts explain what it takes to create informative, useful error messages.Dr. Charles Kreitzberg and Ambrose LittleMSDN Magazine January 2009
This month our usability experts explain what it takes to create informative, useful error messages.
Dr. Charles Kreitzberg and Ambrose Little
MSDN Magazine January 2009
I have some kind of strange problem. I use Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition, and whenever I use ~ in links (like PostBackUrl = "~/Admin/AddProduct.aspx"), ÃÂ ~ is translated into "C:\DocumentAndSettings\User\Desktop" instead of my application root. Of course I dont have any project on Desktop. It happens in every project I run , even in project from pendrive which works properly on other computers.
How can i solve this problem ? What and where should i change ? I will be very thankful for any help.
Error message: Use of unassigned local variable 'createStatus'
MembershipUser newUser = Membership.CreateUser(Username.Text, Password.Text, Email.Text);
this.CreateAccountResults.Text = "The user account was successfully created!";
this.CreateAccountResults.Text = "There already exists a user with this username.";
this.CreateAccountResults.Text = "There already exists a user with this email address.";
this.CreateAccountResults.Text = "There email address you provided in invalid.";
this.CreateAccountResults.Text = "The password you provided is invalid. It must be seven characters long and have at least one non-a
we have published our sharepoint site outside domain.
Unfortunately big problems with links in document library appeared.
The url for outside users is "it.company.cz", the internal url is "sp001:55680".
When I open the page and select Shared Documents, the site is still it.company.cz. But when select any folder in document library the site url changes to sp001:55680.
Strange is that the mouseover url is correct but when I click it, it changes to internal url.
Mouseover url: http://it.compay.cz/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fShared%20Documents%2fProjects&FolderCTID=&View=%7bBEBFF1D2%2d5910%2d4A36%2dB049%2d971F95E752E7%7d
After click url: http://sp001:55680/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fShared%20Documents%2fProjects&FolderCTID=&View=%7bBEBFF1D2%2d5910%2d4A36%2dB049%2d971F95E752E7%7d
I'm about to go NUTS :)
I have 2 CalendarExtenders on page. And I want to show the date that I get from SQL SEVER:
select -> SELECT convert(datetime, ÃÂ begin) as Begin, convert(datetime, end) as End FROM Table
The date field, on base,ÃÂ is a char(8) ÃÂ and the record is like YYYYMMDD. That's why I convert it to datetime.
But, on code behind when I do this :
CalendarExtender1.SelectedDate = DateTime.Parse(objDataEvento.Rows(0)(2)) CalendarExtender2.SelectedDate = DateTime.Parse(objDataEvento.Rows(0)(3))ÃÂ
Depend of the date, It's showing minus 1 day on page.
Like: If, on base, the date is 08/12/2010, on page it's showing 07/12/2010.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYY ??????????????? ÃÂ
I want to allow the user to view and edit their information.
So using another example i found online, i got it work, but the example was setup for you to provide the user name and search for the person, since you are already logged into the system i want to pass your username into the code so that on page load the DetailView is populated with your details.
<asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateRows="False" DataKeyNames="UserName" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource2" Width="400px">
<asp:BoundField DataField="PasswordQuestion" HeaderText="PasswordQuestion" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="PasswordQuestion" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="UserName" HeaderText="UserName" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="UserName" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="Email" HeaderText="Email" SortExpression="Email" />
<asp:BoundField DataField="CreationDate" HeaderText="CreationDate" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="Cre