When creating a MySite users get this error message:
There has been an error creating the personal site. Contact your site administrator for more information.
Here is our setup:
- 1 web application for central administration
- 1 web application for ssp administration site
- 1 web application at port 80 (collaboration portal)
- this web app uses (and requires) SSL
- managed path: "mysite" (explicit inclusion)
- managed path: "personal"(wildcard inclusion)
- site collection based on the MySite Host on the "mysite" managed path
- SSP: personal site provider: https://[portalurl]:443/mysite/
- SSP: personal site location: "personal"
Initially we hosted the the MySites in a separate web application, but we migrated them to this new setup. The users who had a mysite before the migration have no issue, they can get to their mysite just fine.
If I look in the SharePoint logs I find this error message: "Value does not fall within the expected range"
Any ideas what we are doing wrong?
Here's an extract of the logfile:
CreatePersonalSite: Testing for personal site at: