I am just about getting ready to deploy my ASP.NET webapplication (C#) which uses .NET 2.0. I have full access to a Win2k 2003 server with IIS 6.0.
Here are my questions and situations:
1. Only specific users who are part of a security group can access the web app.
2. Many users are not on the same domain, so I suppose a security group must be created? So all users are added to one security group?
3. Should I have anonymous access/authentication enabled in this case?
4. How can I set up a way so that when the web application is first accessed, the browser prompts the user for a username/password that is local to entire company IT web server? When the authentication has been verified, the user is allowed to proceed and the webapplication will load.
5. Will any type of impersonation need to be set in web.config? Probably not as each user are utilizing their own username as their login credentials?
View Complete Post