My Server is a Child Domain with Windows Server 2003 EE and SQL Server 2005(Devp. Edition). Recently, I have upgraded the server RAM from 4GB to 16GB. I have the following setting for SQL to utilize the additional memory available
1. Given rights of 'Lock pages in memory' to the Administrators through Domain Controller Security Policy and Domain Security Policy.
2. Enabled AWE in SQL Server
3. Set the Min memory to 0 and Max Memory to 10240 MB (since I want to use 10GB only now).
4. Set 'Maximum Data throughput to network applications' in the LAN properties
5. Increased the PageFile Size
6. Put the switch /3GB and /PAE in boot.ini file.
Inspite of all the above setting, SQL still does not use more than 2.75 GB of RAM (as seen in Task Manager). Please tell me, How can I make SQL utilize 10GB of the available 16GB of RAM.
And also when I view DBCC memorystatus it shows AWE Allocated as 0.
Thanks in advance.
View Complete Post