I have a farm where the Cwentral Admin Appool is using a tremendous amount of memory 1GB plus.
Once started it just seems to keep growing even if no activity is on it.
View Complete Post
Memory usage can have a direct impact on how fast an application executes and thus is important to optimize. In this article we discuss the basics of memory optimization for .NET programs.
Subramanian Ramaswamy and Vance Morrison
MSDN Magazine June 2009
Developers using .NET often make memory leak tracking a low priority because the common language runtime takes care of garbage collection. What few developers realize, however, is that their objects' lifespans, along with their size and what other objects have been instantiated, all affect how they are cleaned up. Depending on the particular circumstances, these combinations can negatively affect performance, especially over the lifetime of an application. This article presents a way for developers to see memory usage and understand garbage collection using the .NET Profiler API. Along the way, a sample application to demonstrate these principles is built.
MSDN Magazine January 2003
I've got a Windows 2008 SP2 server runing x64.
When i try to access the SharePoint Central Admin site, I just get a blank page. No errors in the Windows logs, nothing showing up in the SharePoint logs. The IIS log shows a 500 error.
I enabled Failed Request Tracing for the 500 status code, which gives me the following information:
HttpReason Internal Server Error
Web Application list in Central Admin in 2007 Can somebody tell me where Central Admin pulls the data for:
Central Administration >
Application Management >
Web Application List
Somehow, the name for one of my applications has changed, but the URL has remained the same. The website content itself, the website in IIS, and the content database name all still appear to be intact and nothing has changed there. Everything
seems to be fine, I just happened to notice that the NAME of this one web application has changed and it's really bothering me that it could possibly be pointing to the wrong data. HELP please!