Now I've come to a very weird turn of events. My Components worked fine. I'd Drop them on the form and they would draw themselves quite nicely. I was checking Me.DesignMode (Inherited through Panel from Component) and all was hunky dorey.
I Proceeded to make some alterations to my Application, which involved tweaking the component library a little, making sure construction events were being triggered as necessary, and the application I was working on compiled fine and runs fine.
I started to jump to another application, which utilizes the same component libraries, and proceeded to drop one of my custom controls onto the form and the control was blank. Empty, nada, ziltch. So I tried running the application and the component
drew just fine at run-time, but not design-time. I have since set the control library to use devenv as the hosting process for debugging and through this process found that the Me.DesignMode was false during the Constructor phase of the component creation.
This strikes me as strange. Not that DesignMode was false, or that DesignMode is based upon Me.Site, the ISite property which determines the Designer Host. But that, I Designed, Created, and Used a Set of components that worked just fine on the
designer side of things and then suddenly in the middle, this would o
View Complete Post