Can anyone please tell me about limitations of different SharePoint 2010 functionalities in IE9 browser. It can be related to look and feel also.
View Complete Post
I had this as reply on a thread about migrating from WSS 3.0 to SFS 2010. But I have completed all the steps with the modified documentation, but the browser delivers an error 404 when I try to open the site I created. Same thing happens if I go at
it via https, but first I get a certificate warning error (using the IP instead of the FQDN) and then being prompted for credentials.
I am completely stumped at what else to look at. Any help in gathering information to get help is also appreciated.
Environment: SBS 2008, SFS 2010, SQL Express 2008. Rest of the IIS sites continue to function normally and I can get to the management site ok. Although after the install, I had to go into application pool and change the service account
from the domain admin (it defaulted to that) to networkservice account, otherwise I got a 503. Same thing happened on the site I created until I changed the service account. Now just a 404.
I created a browser enabled form with InfoPath 2010. I then published the form by selecting the option "Publish form to a SharePoint library" and then selected "Form library" and finally selected "Create a new form library".
As a result, a new form library was created.When I click on "add document", the browser opens a new form, which I can fill and save successfully. However, after the form is saved, whenever I click on the form name in the form library to edit it,
the browser "opens with" dialog box opens, asking for an XML editor software. In other words, the form does not open in browser for editing even on systems that do not have InfoPath installed.
The form is browser compatible and the form library is configured to open browser-enabled forms in browser. The issue is that the form hyperlink is directly pointing to form XML file rather than pointing to InfoPath form services URL.
I would really appreciate, if someone tells me how I can edit the form in browser.
My company is looking to use SharePoint 2010's workflow capability to set up about 100 different business processes, each of which will require a separate custom workflow. I'd like to know:
1) what, if any, limitations there are that we need to look out for with workflow
2) are there any good plug and play software packages out there that sit on top of SP 2010 and extend workflow capability
3) if anyone can suggest a specific vendor we can look to that has such a product
Example of a limitation - in SP 2007 (although we will be using 2010), workflow due date - you are only able to enter the number of days or weeks for task completion, not hours and minutes.
I uploaded an excel file into my library and i can only view the file in my browser when i am in my network and logged into my domain.
Trying to view the file from outside my network return the error that the file could not be found or sometimes ask me to save the file.
Whats the problem??
In Sharepoint 2010, how to adding dynamic watermark to word 2010 when opening?
may be just need configure in sharepoint 2010?
or need sharepoint develop?
What you guys think? Any thoughts are welcome!
We are working on suggesting the best approach that would be suitable to support user data stored in SQL Server 2008. User data is huge (in Terabytes). I need to understand if there are any issues using MOSS 2007 BDC or SharePoint 2010 BCS to interact with
SQL Server 2008 database tables? I understand that BCS offers a no-code solution for interacting with SQL tables, however when handling such large data, can we have better performance if Stored Procedures and ADO.Net is used to fetch and update the data?
All in all I need to understand the pros and cons in both these approaches. Any pointers, specifically to related real world case studies shall highly be appreciated. Thanks much!
I'm creating a form in InfoPath 2010 to be filled out in the browser within our SharePoint 2010 instance. It's pretty simple, four columns with total table width of about 650 pixels, textboxes, checkboxes, datepicker and one multiselect list box. The
form is working fine up to the point where I invoke a data connection which emails the form to myself. When it arrives in my inbox, the format of the form included in the body of the email is funky. When I open the email and set it to a full screen viewing
window (1440X900) the area that takes up the form exceeds the width of my viewing window and requires scroll bars to see all the fields on the form.
When printing the form from my email the area is so large that no data will show up in the printable area (it appears to be centered on the form and it is cutting off the "extra content" to the left and right which contains the form data as the user entered
it). I'm using Outlook 2007. I also forwarded the email to a person who's using Outlook 2010 and they experienced the same problems as myself.
Things I've tried to fix it: Setting each column width, setting each control width to a pixel length (instead of using %). I added some code behind to switch the view to a two column view with a table width of 400px before it sends out the email. It's closer
to being at a state where it's