I've got a really strange error. I'm using a fairly standard method to implement the IClonable interface, basically I serialize my object to a memory stream and then stream it back again.
This all works fine in the .Net runtime environment and if I use a test application. However, I need to run as a COM control inside of an HTML page (long story, but I am embedding it in the home page pane of Outlook).
Anyway everything works fine except this routine. It fails when trying to deserialize with "Assembly not found". I added some debug code to load the assembly dynamically and that all works fine. It can't be a version issue as I am serializing and deserializing the same object in the same method.
I've traced where the framework is loading the assembly and it looks pretty simple:
internal static Assembly LoadAssemblyFromStringNoThrow(string assemblyName)
View Complete Post