- a Measoure Group which needs full processing
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- the question is regarding performance
The measure group is partitioned by qarter - therefor I have some 30 partitions at the moment. I issue a processFull of the MEasureGroup and let Aanaysis Services Descide the parallelism. In Common it ends up to process between 8 and 12 partitions in parallel
(on the 12 Core Machine).
The point is - my partitions growth over time - so older partitions are smaller then newer partitions. Usually Analysis Services ends up starting the newest partition at last - which is the biggest one - and therefore ends up phasing out the processing
on a sinle processs (not utilising) the server efficient - because the newest partitions is somehow the biggest and needs the most time - but had nothing to process anymore.
Is there a way to
- let the server deside the degree of parallelism (like now)
- but specify the order (lets say start with the newest partitions and end with the oldest)
I have not found anything in the documentation
- mabe something about processingpriority
- or just the oder of the process statements in the parallel processing batch - if I would specify them
View Complete Post