Is it possible to disable a button on the ribbon interface using code, for example if I have a list where I would like to disable the delete button..
View Complete Post
I have a 2010 farm operational and working well. I had a few questions.
(1) How to disable ribbons from appearing on the top (for anonymous sites).
(2) When I move the mouse over a tab in the top bar, how do I display a banner. It was easy enough in 2007, but I am not sure in 2010.
(3) I have disabled quick launch. But it still displays all site content and recycle bin. Is there a way to not to show those.
(4) Calendar overlay - Is this to display multiple calendars in one calendar using different colors to differentiate them. But if I had calendars in different site collections, then I guess due to the gallery boundary, I cannot calendars from multiple site
(5) Document publishing - For some reason, this was easier in SPS 2007. I am not able to get it to work in 2010. Basically update a web page dynamically from a word document. Could anyone kindly provide a link. Also, would I be able to update a page in one
site collection from a document from another site collection.
(6) Is it possible to move a folder/doc from one document library to another in one site collection (without webdav). Further, can I move a document library from one site collection to another.
Please advise. Sorry if I asked too many questions in the same post. I am newbie and this is my first post.
I hope I am posting this in the correct area. :-)
I am designing and customizing the moss 2010 for internet. I would like to make the ribbon bar on top invisible for all users. I know about the "HIDE RIBBON" under the "SITE ACTIONS", but the thing is, this button is not there?!
do I have to activate something special, so that I can see this option? any special site collection feature?
and the other question is, when I use this "HIDE RIBBON", is it stll visible for administrators and contributors?
I have added a button to a project task list (id = 150).
Everything works fine when I directly use the list. But when I add the list via a webpart to the site page my new button is not available. It's exactly the same ribbon as in the list view but my new button is not visible. Any suggestions?
Title="Ribbon Customization for a Content Type">
was wondering if there was any way Out of Box to disable/hide/redirect the close button when drilling down on a list item. I see it is possible using code, but this is not an option for us at this time as it is not supported.
How to Hide the Ribbon and Site Actions Menu for Anonymous Users in sharepoint2010?
Thanks in Advance!
I would like to hide/show the edit button on a list item's edit form based on whether the user is the item's creator.ÃÂ The reason I want to do this is because SharePoint's out-of-the-box behaviour is suchÃÂ that when a user editsÃÂ someone else'sÃÂ item, theÃÂ Access DeniedÃÂ page pops upÃÂ AFTERÃÂ the user makes his/her edits and presses ok.
My users want the edit button to be hidden so they don'tÃÂ have to go through the steps of making the edits, press ok, and then find out theirÃÂ access is denied.
I have done some research, andÃÂ the approach I have arrivedÃÂ at is to create my own edit item user control,ÃÂ which has my own cutomÃÂ code which checks if the user is the creator, and then hide/show the edit button.ÃÂ I have 2 questions surrounding this:
1) Can anyone provide some advice or resources on the web which describes how to best implement an edit form user control and then integrate it into SharePoint so that the user control is only used on my particular list, and doesn't affect anything else in the site collection.
2) Can anyone suggest another approach perhaps requiresÃÂ less custom development effort than the custom user control approach?
By default print button is visible. I don't want to hide by using 'ShowPrintButton' property.
Thanks in advnace.