I tried to create an external content type for a website and I got an error....here are the details of the steps I followed:
1. I created an team site in sharepoint server 2010.Nothing I added extra to the site.
2. Then I opened that site in sharepoint designer and created a new external data type.
this is an SQL server. I have a small database in my server, I added that as an external data type to this site.
3. I am able to add the database to my site.
4. Then I created an External List of type contact list as my database has article ID, author, data of creation etc.
5. This creation also sucessfull and when I clicked on create button , my external list appeared on the quick launch but it didn't displayed anything on the page it showed up the below error on the page.
Error Message :
View Complete Post