I have just set up a new SP2010 environtment(3 servers: WFE, App, SQL).
When I try to get my Search Service Application to crawl my main SP site and my MySite location, I get the following error in the crawl log:
"Access is denied. Verify that either the Default Content Access Account has access to this repository, or add a crawl rule to crawl this repository. If the repository being crawled is a SharePoint repository, verify that the account you are using
has "Full Read" permissions on the SharePoint Web Application being crawled."
Things I have checked:
-I have ensured that the default access account has "Full Read" on the web application
-I set up crawl rules for both sources specifying a service account that has admin access to the content on those sites
-I logged in to the SP sites using the service account that the Service Application is using to crawl
-I even created a brand new search service application from scratch and got the exact same results
The only difference between this environment and my test environment, where search works just fine, is that this is the production environment and so it uses FQDN with a host header:
View Complete Post