When I add a Search Service Application in CA, I receive database errors in the LOG files related to permissions. The service account is the same as the Farm service account in this case, which does have the db_owner role for the Search Service databases. I have tried re-installing SharePoint Server 2010 three times. The first two, I was using a service account that had less rights and failed to create the Search Service Application databases. Using the Farm service account, I was able to create the Service, but still getting the errors mentioned below.
01/11/2010 09:44:30.65 OWSTIMER.EXE (0x09A8) 0x0C20 SharePoint Foundation Database 880i High System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The user does not have permission to perform this action. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
View Complete Post