I will appreciate your feedback on the following challenge:
- A SQL Server transactional source system is being replicated to a shadow copy
- Triggers were added on tables in the shadow copy to populate a Log Table with actions and timestamps (Added , Deleted , Updated)
- The Log table is used for ETL to populate an Oracle DWH
- The source system data will be archived and all rows is all tables will be deleted prior to certain date.
- The archived data is still required to be maintained in the Oracle DWH
- The replication between the source and shadow will populate the log table with lots of delete actions on data that in the DWH
- The data in the DWH will be lost
How can we maintain the data in the DWH and prevent the data from being lost after the archiving ?
View Complete Post