I think this is the right forum but forgive me if not.ÃÂ
As part of an interim solutionÃÂ we need to integrate an LOB document management solution within SharePoint and i need some expert advice on how to do it and hope this is the right place.
The LOB system has document indexes (meta data) stored in a database linked to documents held on hard disk. For now we can't pull all of the documents into SharePoint but i need a way to access them from SharePoint, i also need to acces them through the LOBs existing web site.
1. Be able toÃÂ use the Entreprise Search within SharePointÃÂ to search the index data ÃÂ with the LOB database.
2. The search results page to provide links to a SharePoint page which hosts the LOB's web site. Pass some unique document Id to the LOB website so that it can show the document within SharePoint.
My thoughts (i'm new to SharePoint and don't know if this is feasible or the right way to do it so shout if you think it's a load of tosh);
1. Create a new SharePoint site or add a new page to an existing site.
2. Add a Page Viewer web part (or a custom one) to the site which points, to the LOBs web site.
3. Define the LOB system to the BDC telling it how to find the indexes (meta data) in the database tables.
4. One database record corresponds to one document. So
View Complete Post