I've recently installed a fresh copy of SSRS 2008 for the first time (SQL SERVER 2008 EXPRESS SP2). Straight install. No changes. And of course, it doesn't work! I was able to get to my report manager page, but only after removing RSWindowsNegotiate and
RSWindowsNTLM from the rsreportserver.config file and changing it all to RSWindowsBasic. I don't know why that worked, but it did.
But now I can't authenticate to my web service. I keep getting 401 errors, and nothing seems to work. I am at my wits end here. Here is what I have tried:
FYI, I am using Windows XP SP2, and VS 2008.
1) Changed the rsreportserver.config file so that it uses "RSWindowsBasic".
2) I have opened the Computer Management tool, and in the 6 SQL Server groups, I have added "Administrators", "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM", "ASPNET", and "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE".
3) My Execution Account in SSRS Config is "[MACHINE]\LocalSystem".
4) The Report Server Service Account is "Local System".
5) On the "Services" dialog, RS is running as "Local System".
6) My RS code is: rs.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
I assumed this means it runs as ASPNET on my development machine from VS 2008.
I have read and re-read everyth
View Complete Post