Ok, so this is my first Solution using the Entity Framework (EF). Here are my steps so far:
1) Created Database named: BSA with an owner of username/password (AspNetServicesUser/password)
2) Created Entity Data Model (EDM) in a separate project (contained within the same solution)
3) Created an ASP.NET Web Application with basic functionality (new project within the same solution)
4) Added Reference to the EDM in Web App and added Connection String to the EF
5) Decided I wanted ASP.NET Membership added to the Web App
6) Configured SQL Server for Application Services using aspnet_regsql.exe on BSA database
Now, I need to know:
a) Should I keep the ASP.NET Membership Tables in a Separate DB altogether?
b) Should I update the EDM to include the ASP.NET Membership Tables?
c) Then, how do I create the connectionString for the Web.config file in the WebApp?
FYI: I get this error using the ASP.NET Configuration Tool under the "Security" Tab:
Login failed for user 'AspNetServicesUser'.
FYI: I get this error using the ASP.NET Configuration Tool under the "Provider" Tab --> Select a single provider for all site management data --> Test
Could not establish a connection to the database.
If you have not yet created the SQL Server database, exit the
View Complete Post