First i appritiate your efforts to maintain the forum so well.
i am currently working on video servelience product. We have two main part in that 1.Hardware
1. Hardware is connected to multiple cameras , It manages the stream coming from the cameras, ENCODES it with the HARDWARE H264 decoder and send it to the software.
2. Software (which will be desktop based and web based both) part receives and decode the h264 encoded stream and shows it.
Currently we have c++ dll which decode the h264 stream and we use the decoded output.
Now the problem is we use wpf for the desktop application which uses directx technology for gui rendering. The output we are getting from c++ dll is GDI+ based. So we have to again use interop and convert that GDI+ based bitmap into WPF based BITMAPSOURCE,
which is very inefficient and cost us the performance drawback.
So my question is :
1) What is the other efficient way to implement this task.
2) We want a solution that work in windows xp also.
3) Is there any managed c# h264 decoders available ?? We searched for it but couldnt find any.
Any help is appritiated. Thanks.
View Complete Post