.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal
Post New Web Links

Pesky SPSecurityTokenService: existance or non-existance?

Posted By:      Posted Date: October 19, 2010    Points: 0   Category :SharePoint

Good Afternoon,

I've been struggling for the past week and a half on trying to configure Forms Based Authentication in SharePoint Server 2010, installed on a WindowsServer2008 R2 64 bit virtual machine.  Throughout my tinkering, the Health Report titled "The Security Token Service is not available" has been there.  I've tried several different things to try and fix this (ensured the service was running in IIS and Services on Server from CA; even reinstalled the SharePoint 2010 software!) to no avail. 

When navigating to the http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc location, I get a error w/correlation ID; the log of which had this to say:

 Area   : SharePoint Foundation
Category : Runtime
Level  : Unexpected
EventID : tkau
Message : System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: The service '/Securit
      yTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc' does not exist.  at Sy
      viceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)   at System.ServiceMod
      el.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relat
      iveVirtualPath)   at System.ServiceModel.

View Complete Post

More Related Resource Links

SPSecurityTokenService.PopulateOutputIdentity() failed to lookup UPN for user

Hello, I have a windows 7x64 developer box. On this I have installed SQL 2008R2 developer edition and Sharepoint 2010 ent. I run all the Sharepoint services under my local admin account "win7dh\administrator" When I enter a search term in the search box I get this error:   SPSecurityTokenService.PopulateOutputIdentity() failed to lookup UPN for user 'WIN7DH\Administrator': System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Win32.SPSecur32.GetUserNameEx(EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT nameFormat)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel.SPSecurityTokenService.PopulateOutputIdentity(SPRequestInfo requestInfo, IClaimsIdentity outputIdentity)   I get this error in all site types.Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance Danny

Creating Functions and that pesky "Side-effecting behavior" error...



Well, I think we all at one point or another have been here, and frankly, I'm trying to figure a few things out with the nature of "Functions" in Transact-SQL (SQL Server 2008).  I am the type of programmer that is more programmer than SQL scripter, in the one fundamental nature that I don't like writing the same thing twice.  Usually because I forget.  You see a problem and want to solve it, but you can't exactly see the forest through the trees, and have to ask for help.  Someone, usually here, provides me with the insight I was looking for and I use it, walk away, 3 months later, I need the same help again.  No I'm not so crass as to repost the same question, but I have to look it up again.  So my theory, being as I said more the programmer than scripter, I wanted to create a function that just does it for me.  I add that function to the master database and voila, every time I need this <insert blah here> I can just run my function.

A perfect example is how I asked a while back how to create a Inline-randomizer, which basically would allow me to create a random number per line.  With the way caching and execution plans work in most SQL Engines, using a simple: Select *,Rand() from MyTable, will produce the exact same number each row for the Rand() function.  It was explained why, havi

ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  Silverlight  Others  All   

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend