A client has encountered an issue where they created an SPD workflow, associated with a document library, set it to start manually, that updates one of the metadata columns using the "Set Field in Current Item" activity. Once that step completes all the date values in the metadata columns are missing.
Upon further inspection, we determined that this is only occurring for office documents. It deleted the dates for word and excel documents and did not for text and pdf documents.
We are able to duplicate ths on 2 different servers that are both on service pack 2.
We have tried different version settings on the document library and making the date metadata columns required. No luck.
To recreate this issue:
1. Create a new document library and added additional metadata columns to it. Make some of these columns dates.
2. Create a new SPD workflow associated with the newly created document library
3. Add a "Set Field in Current Item" activity to the workflow and set one of the non date columns to a different value.
4. Upload a word document and make sure to fill out the date fields.
5. Kick off the workflow manually.
6. Once the workflow
View Complete Post