Recently, we added a new WFE in the farm to do load balance. After installation, the search is not working occassionally(almost 50%). It apparently hits the new server. The error message:
Your search cannot be completed because of a service error. Try your search again or contact your administrator for more information.
I checked the Items count on view scopes. It is correct on old WFE, while it is "not available" on new WFE.
In the Office Sharepoint Server Search Seveice seeting, I checked "Use this server for indexing content" and "use this server for serving search queries". I had ever tried to uncheck ""use this server for serving search queries". It is not working, either.
View Complete Post