I've got one sharepoint 3.0 site, which is a hostNamedSiteCollection which won't return any results when we search it - searching the entire site or a single list both produce the same "no results matching your search were found".
The site uses Windows Authentication.ÃÂ We have no Alternate Access Mappings set up. It is regular HTTP
I've added test content to other sites housed in the same Web Application and searched - that new data is appearing in the results.
I did a backup using STSADM and restored the site to my dev server (as both a hostNamedSiteCollection & a regular site collection) - searches return results just fine.
I deleted the site from the prod server and restored it (into a different content database even!) from a backupÃÂ I made with STSADM - no results are returned.
IÃÂ restored the site to the same web application as a Standard site (http://webapp/sites/sitename) (NOT a host named site collection) andÃÂ results ARE returned.
I've looked at the trace logs & application logs on the server, but can't find any errors that I can tell might be related..
This is the only site I've ever seen have this problem.ÃÂ We have plenty of other hostNamedSiteCollections and search is working fine on them.
View Complete Post