This is either a bug or really wierd behavior by design that needs to be rethought in the near future.
I'm an enterprise developer on a commercial product that integrates and leverages reporting services. We install a sizable number of reports automaticly as part of our production isntallation or upgrade. I have a recent QA bug
on that process that I find mystifying.
We install reports through calls to the CreateReport web service and its worked pretty well. Recently, I had a report with a parameter whose definition changed. Specifically, the default value of the parameter changed from 'All' to 'Select' and
corresponding changes were made to the valid values list of the parameter. When the report is installed, it works just fine. But when the report is created as part of an upgrade to an existing system, the report for the most part gets all
the expected changes but the new default value is not picked up. Instead, it seems to stay hung on 'All', with the result that the parameter remains in a state of having unresolved dependencies ('All' no longer appears as a valid value) and
as a result, breaks our interface (which was designed for single rather than multistep entry of parameters).
I know that some properties are not reset when calling CreateReport. &n
View Complete Post