I'm trying to create extensions to the Ribbon which are used in a multilingual environment and am experiencing two problems which I hope you guys can help me out with.
When peeking into the default SharePoint ribbon definitions in 14\TEMPLATE\GLOBAL\XML\CMDUI.xml I see I should simply be able to use $Resources:<resourcefile>,<resourcename>; in the XML definition. This is true. This is what I did:
- I created a Farm feature using Visual Studio 2010 which contains a SharePoint mapped folder to Resources.
- In the mapped folder I created a file MyProject.resx and MyProject.NL-nl.resx
- I filled both resource files with the same text keys and the first with the English text and the latter with Dutch text. One of them being Teststring.
- In my CustomAction definition containing the custom Ribbon elements I used LabelText="$Resources:MyProject,Teststring"
- I deployed the features to my dev environment
- When opening the list the ribbon was bound to, it showed my custom ribbon and it even showed the text from my resource file!
So far so good.
However, it always picks the translation from the default MyProject.resx resource file. I've tried changing user language, site language, site localization language, but none of it works. It will always pick the
View Complete Post