I faced this issue and was able to resolve it. I am hoping this will
be helpful to someone who might get into trouble using the default
three state workflow.
I created a list and tried to use the default Three state workflow.
The workflow was enabled to start as soon as a new list item was
created. It started and the status was "Error Occurred". Being a Java
guy I didn't know where to look for this error. I checked the Event
Viewer but not much help. Is there a log file for Project Server
Here is the reason why this happened. I had to go through most of my
fields in the custom list to understand what was causing this problem.
I had a field called Owner and I had enabled this option "Allow
multiple selections: ". This caused something to break in the
workflow. I am assuming it cannot handle a Person/Group field that
allows multiple selections even though none of the list items actually
had multiple persons selected.
Hopefully this will help someone in the future if they enable any
Person/Group field to have multiple selections.
View Complete Post