We have a WSS 3.0 environment on our DMZ We have a one way trust between our internal domain TT and external domain clients. So we were always able to add internal domain users to our SharePoint sites using TT\loginName
Yesteday we applied SP2 for WSS3 and this functionality stopped working. When we try to add any new TT users to the site collection, I get an error "No Exact Match was found." But the current TT users are able to get in to the site and work fine.
I searched on internet and found that I need to run stsadm coomands for the peoplepicker to work with trusted domains.
So we rebuilt the trust between domains. Then I ran following commands on the SharePoint frontend server:
stsadm.exe -o setapppassword –password somekey
stsadm.exe –o setproperty –pn peoplepicker-searchadforests –pv domain:tt.local,ADUser,passwordforADuser
Then ran IISRESET
View Complete Post