A little background because I feel I have an out of the ordinary architecture in place and don't know if this is contributing to the problem.
We have an existing ASP.net application that is undergoing expansion. The new functionality is all written in Silverlight 4. As part of that expansion I gutted all the old Linq to SQL and put Entity Framework 4 into place. To do this I created a standard .net Class Library and added my edmx files there. Naturally, the business entities created by this cannot be used in Silverlight. So I created a Silverlight Class Library and added all the business entities to that Silverlight Class Library as linked files. I changed the name space to be the same.
So I have the following assembly / namespaces
Company.Project.Dal.csproj / Company.Project.Entities (.net 4 class library)
Company.Project.Entities.csproj / Company.Project.Entities (SL4 class library)
With this architecture I was able to share my business entities with my SL enabled web services, my asp.net projects, my silverlight projects. Really it's a beautiful thing.
Once this was done I added "message" classes to Company.Project.Dal and again shared them with the other entites using linked files. These messages are things like MyObjectRequest; they are class
View Complete Post