I'm tearing my hear out, and I don't have that much hair left to start with. I have a WCF program that takes 41 seconds to start. For 40 of those seconds it's sitting waiting for the MEX data. It runs fine after that. Here are the details:
- Running on Windows 7, and I can't try it on another machine. This is the machine it has to work on.
- Compiled with Visual Studio 2010 with .NET 4.0 as the target
- I'm not running in Administrator mode, and it doesn't help anyway, when I tried it. (And I can't imagine why anyone would do that, but that's another story!)
- The endpoint is using the named pipes protocol, so I can't set "UseDefaultWebProxy = false".
- I tried other protocols including the HTTP protocols and TCP. It doesn't change anything.
- I have no security set at all.
- I added the <generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false" /> because I understand that can help if the lookup is searching for expired certificates.
- I tried it with one base address -- for the named pipe; and with the current two base addresses.
- While it's sitting there for 40 seconds waiting for the MEX data, my internet browser hangs.
- Also, when looking at the trace I notice that before listening for MEX, it constructs a ServiceHost and the
View Complete Post