I'm actually encountering this problem, i get the "Cannot initialize 'StateMachineWorkflowActivity' that does not define a valid 'InitialStateName' property." error on the line :
WorkflowInstance instance = workflowRuntime.CreateWorkflow(typeof(WorkflowUtexbel));
I know it already has been discussed but since i couldn't find a solution to this bug, i'm posting.
I triple-checked EVERYTHING :
* The project file has the correct projecttypeguid tags for WF ;
* The namespaces are OK everywhere in the software
* The workflow files (layout, .cs and .xoml) have the correct references to the workflow name (and full qualified when necessary in the .xoml file)
* Everything in the workflow layout is OK
* A valid initial state is set
* I'm using .NET framework 3.5 + SP1, and Visual Studio 2008
* All the references to the WF are added to my project
* I already could get a workflow working in another project on the same machine but had the same problem when i had to rename my namespace, i think i had to recreate completely the workflow because just modifying the tags in the files didnt fix anything.
I already recreated completely the workflow in my project (deleting the previous one), nothing changes, it's still not working.
View Complete Post