I'm using Silverlight 4 to call GetUserProfileByName method of the SharePoint 2007
userprofileservice.asmx web service. For each of the PropertyData in the
e.Result object that is returned, the Values array is null.
Below is the Completed event handler. Execution gets inside the if block for
each of the PropertyData.
void client_GetUserProfileByNameCompleted(object sender, GetUserProfileByNameCompletedEventArgs e)
foreach (PropertyData prop in e.Result)
if (prop.Values == null) // this is ALWAYS true for each prop
After some investigation, I've found out this only happens when userprofileservice.asmx is added as a
. I tested this out by creating an ASP.NET project. In it I added
as a Web Reference
, and then as a
. For the Web Reference
View Complete Post