In our application we have several DataSets with about 2-4MB of size.
Each DataSet contains of only one single DataTable.
The data has to come from the server to a client via WCF. Client and server are in the same LAN. What are best practices to pass the data?
The only thing I think I can be sure about is that I should use binary encoding for the binding.
The following questions are still not clear for me:
- Which binding should I use - netTCP or WSHttp?
- I know that a DataSet produces overhead, but does this really matter in my case?
- If the DataSet produces to much overhead, what should I do best to get the data to the client fast?
- Should I use streaming or better the standard buffering?
- Which timeout and max size settings do I have to take care of (MaxReceiveSize, SendTimeout and so on)?
- What do I have forgotten to pass the data quickly?
Thanks for your thoughts about this subject.
Additionally to that: What else do I have to mention if my DataSet becomes about 10MB of size?
View Complete Post