It seems like the "old" CAML displaypattern no longer works in in SharePoint 2010 for custom Fields. So I used the following instructions to create an XSL-file for custom field rendering.
Everything seems to work except for the localization of the new display-pattern. Then I found instructions (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff806155.aspx) how localization
works in those xsl-files. The bad part about that is: "SharePoint Foundation also uses parameter bindings to make resources available to XSLT transforms. To define a resource for use within XSLT, you can define the resource in a .resx file, bind the resource
to a view by declaring it in the <ParameterBindings> section of the list’s
Schema.xml file, and then consume the resource in your custom XSLT. You can also programmatically add a parameter binding through
the object model. "
View Complete Post