I have a workflow created that should pop up when a new item is added to a list. This works fine if I just add a new item to the list manually. It also works fine if I start the workflow manually, but it defeats the purpose. All the workflow
does is assign a few tasks, send a few emails, and change the permissions for the document. As a reference, I created the form in InfoPath with excel services calls and I created the workflow in SharePoint Designer 2010.
However, my list is mainly populated by Excel Services calls - opening a workbook and calling SaveWorkbookCopy - and for some reason, these calls do not kick off the workflow.
I tried changing my account (because the documents appear to be created by me) to a system account, but then it doesn't kick off anything. I tried changing the Web App user to a System Account, but it still doesn't work either.
My workflow shows: the "Failed on Start" error (says it was canceled by System Account) and when I look in the logs it shows:
08/03/2010 13:45:26.69 w3wp.exe (0x1A78) 0x1B1C SharePoint Foundation
View Complete Post