I have a Windows 7 x64 machine, with Office 2010 x86 installed. I also have (2) Server 2008 and (2) 2008 R2 machines with Office 2010 x86 installed on them. On all of these machines I can not connect to SharePoint 2010 using Office. The following
- From the browser, browse to a doc lib.
- Click on an Office document, select "Edit in Microsoft ..."
- An "Open Document" dialogue box appears, indicating that "Some files can harm your computer. If the file information below looks suspicious, or you do not fully trust the source, do not open the file. File Name: Whatever.docx
From: SPServer2010. (This is the first clue that something is not working properly. I don't think this would appear otherwise)
- Click OK.
- The document opens, but with a [Read-Only] in the title bar.
- If I click save, it tries to save to a default location on my desktop computer.
Another example of the problem:
- Open an Office 2010 application.
- Click File>Open
- In the Open dialogue box, type in the URL of a document lib on the server.
- The error message: You can't open this location using this program. Please try a different location.
Final example of the problem: