I have just configured my SP2010 backup and I want to make sure that I am not missing anything. I was hoping I could list off steps and precautions I have taken and that you could lend me some of your expertise.
- I have a MOSS server and a SQL2008 server.
- Symantec Backup Exec backs up the content database every night.
- I have created a script to backup the SharePoint config every night. Saves it on my moss server in a backup directory. (gets cleaned out every 7 days)
- I have created a script to backup the //MOSS site every night into the same backup directory. (over writes itself every night)
- This backup folder, is backed up nightly using Symantec Backup Exec as well.
- I am also backing up the logs folder in the 14 hive (using Symantec)
Is there anything else I should be backing up??? Am I missing anything?
View Complete Post