I have a site with NT authenticated users with READ permission only.
- I have custom list 1 with disinherited permissions where users can add items. A column in this list captures the name of the persons Manager (person or Group). e.g item created by Person X
- WorkFlow runs and copies the item from custom list 1
to custom list 2
- Custom List 2 with disinherited permissions. The item continues to have Person X in the 'created by' column
- WorkFlow runs on Custom List 2 assigning only contribute permission on
Custom List 2 to the Manager entered in the item. Person X has no access to the item in
Custom List 2
- The WorkFlow has a Collect Data From User task to be completed by the Manager. The WF runs and creates the Task in the task list. I've noticed that this item in the task list is created by Person X!
- The Manager completes the Task successfully. Then Custom List 2
is supposed to get updated with the values the manager set in the Task.
- The Manager has contribute permission on the item in Custom List 2,
so they should be able to update the item, but the WF fails with either Access Denied, or unable to find item or some such.
View Complete Post