I have a big form wrapped in an updatepanel (for other reasons).
Inside this form is a section that needs to have it's own asynchronous postback -- there is a cascading dropdown and, based on the selections, you can add a product to a list. Once that list is populated, it can be submitted with the rest of the form.
So in this little section I have :
- A Label for testing the button event (the label gets updated)
- 5 Cascading Dropdowns (which are working fine)
- A button
The button event changes the label text. If I click the button right away, it updates the label as expected. However, if I click the button *after* doing any selections on the Cascading Dropdowns, the label does not get updated.
Things I have tried:
- Removing the updatepanel surrounding the form -- yes, then the event gets fired, but I need it all in the updatepanel.
- Adding UpdateMode=Conditional -- no change
- Adding an update panel just around this section -- no change
- Adding Triggers either to the big updatepanel or to one just around this section -- no change
View Complete Post