I'm trying to create an Oracle data source object, using Sharepoint Designer 2010, and getting nothing but vague errors.
Here's what I'm doing:
1. In Data Source Library I tried to establish a new database connection.
2. Checkmark the "Use custom connection string"
3. Selected "Microsoft .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle" OR "Microsoft .NET Framework Data Provider for OLE DB" and specified the Connection String as
Data Source=<<TNS ENTRY>>;User Id=<<>>;Password=<<>>;Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle
4. After defining the string I clicked Ok.
5. After click Next it gives the message “The selected authentication option saves the user name and password as clear text in the data connection. Other authors of this website can access this information.”
6. I clicked on Ok and it gives me the message “Server Error: An error occurred while retrieving the list of table from root database. The query you are trying to execute contains syntax errors.”
7. The "Select Database and Table, View, or Stored Procedure" step comes up, with a Database of "root", and no tables listed.
Does a "root" table have any meaning in Oracle? Why aren't I getting a list o
View Complete Post